This policy is effective as of August 3, 2020.
JoyTunes provides music learning and practice tools for all ages which are fun, challenging and exciting. Here at JoyTunes we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
WE DO NOT SELL OR PROVIDE ANY PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES.
- General Note
Accessing some parts and features of the services shall require you to provide a valid e-mail address. We will use your e-mail to send you messages, send you communications about your account or about features in our services, including periodic updates, other information and offers.
- Collected Data
Some features of the Services do not require any personal information to be submitted. In order to use other features and fully access all of what our Services have to offer you we may collect the following types of personal information or data:
Data you may provide us:
- When you sign up for the Services, we may collect your username, password and email address. This data helps us identify you and provide the Services for you, and also to inform you about your account and the Services.
- If you choose to, you can also give us additional information, such as your real name, your role (parent, student, teacher etc.), and your phone number, in order to make your experience better.
- We also collect content you provide to us when you use our Services, such as information regarding your use of the Services, sample audio recordings for quality assurance and improving acoustic recognition experience, and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or commercial offers.
- If you contact with our support team regarding issues in our Services or any other issues, we may collect the information regarding your interactions with us, in order to help us provide a better service.
- We also store all messages sent to our forums to help users find useful information about the Services.
- Your payment data is required to process the billing of your Services subscriptions and other purchases you make.
Data we may collect automatically:
- We may automatically receive and record information from your device and browser, including your cookie information, your country, regional and language settings, device model, operating system, mobile carrier and software and hardware attributes.
- We may use your IP address to provide you with our product on your device, and to help us with server problem diagnosis and to administer the Services. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your device on a network, or in this case, the Internet.
- We may also need to use your IP geolocation data in order to receive your general location and provide you with contents adjusted for your territory. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information.
- Why Do We Collect Your Data
We collect and process your personal data mainly for making the Services work and, to better understand your needs and to improve the Services offered to you.
In addition to instances where we received consent from you (notably to communicate with you), it may be necessary for us to collect your data to comply with a legal obligation (if any) or for legitimate purposes in the interest of JoyTunes, to develop new services and products, to improve customer services and as further detailed below.
More specifically, your data will be used for: setting-up your account, operate the Services and allow you to use them as well as to manage our customer relationship with you; process your transactions; provide you with the services and products that you request and provide you with Service-related communications; sending updates about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the e-mail address which you have provided.
We may also collect your personal data in order to improve our Services through internal record keeping and statistical analysis; monitor the effectiveness of our content; usage statistics; understand user preferences; improve our promotional activity; create new services and features; and develop new products and services.
We may analyze, profile and segment all such collected data.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you and can be used to personalize your website visit, by tailoring its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used, and they cannot be used as identifiable information by their own. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
You can choose to opt-out of functional and performance cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
- When and How Do We Share Your Data With Third Parties?
JoyTunes does not share any personal identifiable information or data with third parties. However, JoyTunes may use third parties to facilitate its business, such as payment processors, hosting services providers, contractors for sending out e-mail updates about our Services or for providing customer support services. In connection with these business operations, our contractors and service providers may have access to your personal data collected we collect for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities.
Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal data, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections in order for such third parties to keep all personal data they process strictly confidential. Please note that these third parties may be located in other countries where the laws on processing personal information can differ from the laws of your country of residence.
- Third Party Services and Platforms
JoyTunes may retain third parties service providers to perform services as aforesaid, such as database management, maintenance, marketing, data processing and analytics. These third parties have access to your data only to carry out these tasks on our behalf.
Data Analysis Services
- Controlling Your Privacy Rights
1. Location. Personal data is processed at our operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. Depending on your location, data transfers may involve transferring your personal data to a country other than your own.
2. Retention. Personal data shall be processed and retained for as long as required by the purposes it has been collected for.
3. If you reside in the European Economic Area, you benefit from certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below in a summary format, but mandated applicable law shall govern.
We maintain technical and organizational measures to protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to your information and we are committed to ensuring that all of your collected data is secure.
We strive to maintain the reliability, accuracy and completeness of personal information that we collect and to protect the privacy and security of our users. We keep your personal information only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
We limit access to personal information about you to employees, contractors and service provider who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that personal information. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
If you suspect your login information has been compromised, you should notify us immediately at email@example.com and change your password.
From time to time, we review our security mechanisms. Be aware though that, despite the efforts and resources we are investing, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Age Limits
We care about the safety of children. Therefore, the Services are not directed towards children under the age of 13, they are not allowed to register with or use the Services, or to disclose any personal identifiable information without appropriate parental or legal guardian approval.
If you are under the age of 13, you must obtain parental consent (or consent from your legal guardian) prior to using our Services. We do not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 13 without said parental consent (or consent from your legal guardian).
If you have reason to believe that a child under the said age has provided us with their personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will endeavor to delete that personal information from our databases
- Note for California Residents
If you are a California resident, please note that under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended ("CCPA"), and regulations promulgated thereunder, you are entitled to receive specific information on how we process your data. You also have specific rights to your data, including the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. Please review our Supplementary Privacy Notice for California Residents to familiarize yourself with your rights under the CCPA.